Rose water is a natural magic for hair care. It naturally conditions and moisturizers hair due to it's richness of flavonoids and vitamins A, B3, C, D, and E. This makes hair more manageable, smoother, shinier and healthier.
How to make Rose water?Organic Rose Water is created from the first steam distillation of organic roses. Are you not sure if the collected roses are grown Chemicals and Pesticides free? Rinse the store-brought rose petals in fresh cool water 2-3 times.
If you can collect roses from your own garden, pick them first thing in the morning when covered with dew. Wash them free of dirt and bugs.
The ingredients list is small and simple.
1 cup of firmly packed rose petals
2 cups of distilled water
- Remove the rose petals and place in a glass bowl.
- Boil 2 cups of distilled water and pour it over the petals.
- Cover and let steep for 30 minutes at the lowest temperature settings.
- Leave the lid on and cool it completely.
- Transfer the strained liquid into glass bottles using a clean funnel.
- Store this organic rosewater in the fridge.
Note:Homemade rose water can last up to 6 months if stored in the refrigerator.
Hair Care Regimen
1. Hair ConditionerAn extra little step to your showering routine will condition, add shine, and leave an amazing scent on your hair.
Take a single cup of rose water and use it as your final rinse. Remember not to rinse out. This is probably the simplest way to use rose water.
2. Hair HydrationDiluting your shampoo with rosewater reduces the impact of the sulfates in your regular shampoo. You can even dilute your medicated shampoo with rose water instead of normal water and shower as usual.
3. Hair NourishmentThe similarity in the pH of rosewater and healthy hair, helps in balancing hair’s pH and sebum production. Further regular massaging promotes blood circulation and enhances the strength and shine of the hair.
Dab some rose water + natural oil mixture onto a cotton ball and use it to massage your entire scalp. Use ingredients like almond oil, coconut oil or rose oil in place of natural oil to maximize the results.
4. Hair Damage ControlBalancing natural hair’s pH means that rosewater has porosity correcting properties. It helps damaged hair greatly and reduces split ends.
Mix one cup of rose water, a vitamin E capsule, and a few drops of jojoba oil, and use the mixture as a pre-shampoo treatment. Ensure that you cover your hair from root to tip and let the mix sit for at least 20 minutes.
5. Hair Dandruff ReductionThe natural anti-inflammatory properties of rose water can help reduce dandruff noticeably.
Simply soak fenugreek seeds in rose water for 4-5 hours and grind it into a fine paste. Apply this mask to your scalp and leave it on for 15-20 minutes. Wash it off with a mild shampoo and lukewarm water.
6. Hair Frizz TamingIs your hair dry, frizzy and unmanageable? Rosewater can immensely improved your hair texture and make it well moisturised.
Mix two teaspoons of rose water with an equal quantity of aloe vera gel. Apply this all over your scalp and massage it well with your fingertips. Leave it for half an hour. Wash it off with a mild shampoo / natural hair wash afterwards.
7. Hair SprayFill a spray bottle with rose water. Add a couple of drops of coconut oil to it for added shine. Shake the bottle well and spray it on your wet hair after thoroughly rinsing out the shampoo.
Note: • Choose only for rosewater that is free from paraben, sulphur, and other toxins.
• Always opt to use only authentic rose water that is made using steam distillation.
• Know that pure rose water has a shorter shelf life than laboratory-produced one.