Save Money on BillsReduce the cost of Utility bills using these simple Tips!
- The best time to look for an airfare sale is 6 weeks before your trip and on a Tuesday at 3 pm.
- Carpool to work and significantly reduce wear and tear on your car, save on gas.
- Buy Groceries and other essential items on a weekly basis from a Supermart.
- Buy Nonperishable items in bulk.
- Late payment fees can easily clean out your hard-earned savings. Make sure your bills are paid on time.
- If your Broadband plan allows you 10GB of data/month and you find yourself using only 2GB, scale back to a cheaper plan.
- Are you paying for premium cable and satellite content that you're actually not using? Change or Downgrade plans.
Save on Energy costsCheck out these completely Free ways to use less Energy!
- Use CFLs instead of bulbs or tubelights to save energy. Turn off the lights that you are not using.
- Run Your Dishwasher/Washer/Dryer Full and at Off-Peak Hours for better Energy efficiency.
- Unplug unused electronics. Standby power can account for 10% of an average household's annual electricity use.
- Let hot food cool down a bit before you put it in the fridge. Make sure the refridgerator door is sealed tight and completely free from gaps. Cold air cannot escape.
- When you use the Kitchen stove, keep lids on your pots to reduce cooking time. Use the appropriate size burner on the range - small for small pots, large for large pots.
- Buy rechargeable batteries and a recharger. Only purchase toys that don't require batteries.
- Shower at the gym to save water. Fix leaky water faucet without delay. Turn off the water while brushing your teeth or shaving.
Save on Online Shopping expendituresIntroduce yourself to the web and get coupon savvy!
- Always scour for deals/coupon codes before buying stuffs.
- Register yourself for phone/email updates and be know fascinating ways to save money.
- Follow online shopping websites on Twitter/Facebook to catch last minute promotional offers.
- Check for discount coupons in the shopping package you receive and use on your next purchase.
- Keep an eye on special deals - But avoid “buy 3 get one free” deals!
- Make a list of Stuff which you need and Decide your budget and put it on the price filter.
- Don’t buy the cheapest product, rather buy the second best cheapest product.
- Take the best advantage of ‘Exchange/Return’ option to your maximum benefit.
Final Finisher Hack
- Last but not the least - Keep track of your daily expenses using an expense manager app. No need to own fancy apps, plain old Excel can track your expenses.
- Review each chunk of your recurring expenditure and determine efficient ways to reduce it/extract more out of it.