Allo happens to be the first home of Google Assistant, an AI assistant, which is now baked into the Pixel phones. All you have to do is type “@google” in the midst of any conversation and it can help you to answer questions, make plans, share content and do more. Let's check what Allo can do..
Book a Flight
- Provide your Assistant the permission to access your location.
- Say something like “I need to fly to [destination]". Unsure about smart assistant technology? - <Check this>
- Allo pulls up a list of upcoming flights and the price details[location - destination].
- It further lets you look up Hotels and available attractions at the destination.
Use Personal Weatherman
- Suppose you enquire something like “How would be Weather this weekend".
- Allo provides you then weather at your location - high and low.
- It also gives you the forecast for weekend weather.
- It lets you get daily weather updates and other options.
- Type in a request like "Remind me of a debate on [Month Date]".
- Allo gives lets you choose your preferred time or do it manually.
- It asks you for your confirmation to set the reminder on the preferred date and time.
- You can cancel the existing reminder or view the upcoming reminders through options.
Chat with Assistant
- You can do more than texting using Allo.. like sending voice messages to contacts.
- Start talking with your Assistant by tapping only the microphone button.
- To talk to someone else, tag Google, long-press and let go of the microphone after recording.
- Google responds to the voice messages as if it were sent-texts.
Search Chat History
- The Google Allo Assistant maintains a full searchable history of all non-Incognito chats.
- Tap the icon in the upper-right corner that hides an overflow menu button.
- Type the first few letters of what you want to search in the chat.
- Allo highlights matching strings in the previous chats and lets you page through them.
Recognize images easily
- Allo can recognize faces, identify any landmarks in photos, and even read barcodes.
- It’s a great way to recognize products and logos.
- Assistant can page through your Google Photos at your request.
- It can look up photos by the metadata, and bring up photos taken in a specific place or day.
Play Media Player
- You don’t have to leave Allo to listen to the music.
- Search for an artist and song title, Assistant can find an YouTube video for it.
- Tap the video thumbnail and a video player will open up and start playing it.
- Use the prefix “Play” when searching for music, Assistant opens the default music player app.
Send News On-Demand
- After completing a query, choose the Assistant option to “Send me daily”.
- Allo Assistant can send you useful information automatically, on a daily basis.
- News, weather, currency exchange rates and more can be subscribed.
- To alter one of the subscriptions, tell the Assistant to change it or cancel it.
Endless Game Time
- Assistant offers options to play classic games like solitaire/games from Google Doodles and so.
- Chat-based games - Try guessing the names of movies which is spelled out in emoji or reply to riddles in emoji form.
- Quiz games - These games have a separate interface and are well structured with multiple topics & difficulty levels.
- Assistant can tell you good jokes, interesting facts or random fun.